The lovely Veronica from Sleepless Nights has tagged me for a meme! These challenges are reasonably new to me, so forgive me if I still get excited.
The Big Eight
8 Things I Am Passionate About
1. My children, husband and family. I feel very strongly about this. Keeping connections. making sure they know how much I love and appreciate them.
2. Midwifery/ babies/ holistic care and providing women with the best birth possible.
3. Blogging (obviously).
4. Aquiring the best healthcare for the children. At this stage, especially Ivy.
5. When I have a chance to do it, I am passionate about scrapbooking.
6. Teaching the kids about good choices and bad ones and how these will effect their lives.
7. Ice cream. Yep. Love it. I am (sadly) on hiatus from it at the moment - husband imposed. That doesn’t mean I don’t beg for it everytime I have a conversation with him. It is my depression busting food, my food I turn to when everything else is crap. Yum.
8. Spending as much time with my mum that I can and letting her know how much she means to me.
8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die
1. Go to Fiji.
2. Go in a hot air balloon
3. Go to Europe
4. Open a free outreach antenatal service for women. A place where they can come for a cuppa, a check up, a chat. A place to come when they feel scared, alone, worried. A place for other women to connect to each other and share their experiences. Somewhere that will compliment their choice of care, be it midwife based or doctor based
5. See my children happy and healthy.
6. Meet my grandchildren and have a good relationship with them
7. Do my Masters
8. Meet up and spend time with (whether it be here or whether we travel to the U.S.) Liz and her family.
8 Things I Say Often (at the moment)
1. "No! Not Hairy Maclary again!"
2. "Look at this mess!"
3. "No jumpy jumpy on the bed!"
4. "Can we please have a different book? Mummy’s tired of reading Hairy Maclary."
5. "Poo! Stinky!"
6. "Behave yourselves or I’ll have to ring Santa."
7. "I can’t read Hairy maclary, he’s gone on holidays."
8. "I love you"
8 Books I Have Read RecentlyBet you can’t guess!
1. Hairy Maclary and Zachary Quack.
2. Hairy Maclary and Scatter Cat.
3. Hairy Maclary’s Catterwaul Caper.
4. The Five Love Languages of Children (yes, it is an adult’s book).
5. Edward the Emu.
6. Underpants Do’s and Don’ts (don’t ask, it’s supposed to be a children’s book).
8. Hairy Maclary From Donaldson’s Dairy.
8 Things That Attract Me To My Best Friends
1. Something in common
2. Someone I can talk to in good times and bad
3. A good sense of humour. Maybe a little bit of craziness in there too
4. There is something about them that I am not (usually confident)
gee, this is hard…
5. Accepts me the way I am
6. Doesn’t expect a tidy house when they come over
7. Doesn’t tidy up when I come over
8. Likes (or at least pretends to like) children
8 Songs I Could Listen To Over And Over
1. Send In The Clowns (okay, now you know). Pretty weird, hey? I don’t know who the original singers are.
2. My Man, Cheryl Crowe
3. Godspeed -Dixie Chicks
4. Ordinary Boy -Vanessa Carlton
5. Hallelujah -Rufus Wainwright
6. It Is You -Dana Glover
7. Arms Of The Angels -Sarah McLaughlan
8. Is Forever Enough? -Dixie Chicks
8 People Who Should Totally Do This Meme
Sadly, all the people who I would have tagged have already done this so I’ll put it out there for anyone who’d like to take part. I know a bit of a cop out. Sorry.
Edited to add; I tag Tracey from Why Bother . (She cried when she wasn’t tagged).