My friend Tracey has started her blog over here. She has written about amazing moments in her life and has invited people to tell her about their own amazing moments. I hope you’ll pop over there and have a read. She’s just new to blogging and needs a bit of love sent her way.
Amazing moments in my life:
* The weekend when David’s and my relationship changed from ‘just friends’ to something more.
* That first kiss.
* When David gave me Mosby, our first dog. A white ball of fluff, that fit in the palm of my hand.
*Finding two heartbeats on ultrasound after three years of infertility and two miscarriages.
* That first touch of my own babies’ soft skin, that earthy smell and the realisation that I was their Mummy.
* Graduating as a registered nurse.
* Lily’s birth. All that hair!
* The first time Imogen and Madeline met Lily.
* Building and moving into our first home.
* The first birth I attended. Placing my hands on new life.
* Letting go of my babies on their first day of big school.
* Graduating as a midwife.
* Every birth I have had the honour of being involved in since.
* Realising I did have the ability to love someone elses children.
* Standing on the scales and realising I had lost 58kgs.
* Those two blue lines on the home pregnancy test after two more losses and four years of subfertility.
* Renewing our wedding vows after 10 years of marriage.
* Finding out the baby was a boy.
* Labouring and birthing my son.
* Realising my baby was not going to survive and letting him go.
* Living through those first twelve months afterwards.
* Having a new understanding of my mother.
* Discovering I was pregnant again.
*Finding out that there were two babies, one boy and one girl. Hearing those heartbeats.
* Watching them win the battle of prematurity.
* Learning to enjoy life again.
I’m sure there will be many more.
Why don’t you write down all your amazing memories and then leave a comment for Tracey, linking her back to your post.